PRECI-DIP Press Release
PRECI-DIP Low-Profile Spring-Loaded Contacts
With many years of experience in Spring-Loaded Contact manufacturing, PRECI-DIP has developed Low-Profile versions for space-constrained applications. In many electronic devices and equipment space is at a premium so a short contact height is critical for integration with customers’ applications.
Low-profile spring-loaded contacts can be particularly useful in applications such as wearable technology, compact and handheld medical devices and a variety of portable electronics. They can also be used in automotive applications where space is limited, such as in the dashboard or engine compartment.
The use of low-profile spring-loaded contacts in these applications allows for a reliable electrical connection to be made without taking up a significant amount of space. This is important as the trend towards miniaturization of electronic devices continues, and the demand for smaller and more compact devices grows.
Low-profile contacts are key for board-to-board connections as the distance between PCB’s continues to decrease.
- High Precision: Contacts are manufactured using Swiss high precision machining processes, resulting in contacts with very tight tolerances, ensuring reliable electrical connections.
- Longevity: Machined contacts are durable and have a long field life, as they are made from high-performance materials that can withstand a large number of mating cycles and harsh environmental conditions.
- Wearable Medical Devices: Continuous Glucose Monitors (CGMs), Hearing Aids or Smart Inhalers.
- Industrial Equipment: Robotics, Control Systems, and Test and Measurement equipment.
- Automotive Electronics: Infotainment Systems located on the dashboard or center console for Audio and Video as well as Communication functions.
- Consumer Electronics: Docking Stations for any personal peripherical devices or wireless products that need to be recharged.