PRECI-DIP Press Release
PRECI-DIP’s new line of spring-loaded contacts with an integrated multi-finger clip
16 March 2023
Preci-Dip’s contacts carry 5 A and are reliable even when exposed to intensive shocks and vibration.
With experience in spring-loaded contact manufacturing, PRECI-DIP has developed a patented design with an integrated multi-finger clip, providing high reliability and electrical continuity. This solution ensures low, stable electrical resistance without micro-discontinuities, even when the piston is moving or exposed to intensive shocks and vibration.
Preci-Dip’s range of SMT spring contacts can carry up to 5 A with a maximum +30°C temperature rise. An outside diameter of 1.83 mm (0.077”) means these contacts can be arranged on a space-saving pitch of 2.54 mm (0.100”) pitch. These spring-loaded contacts facilitate blind mating and are more tolerant in misaligned and non-coplanar mating conditions.
- Unique multi-finger clip technology
- Low and stable resistance
- Resistant to shocks and vibration
- Provided on tape-and-reel for automated assembly
- Up to 5 A current
- Up to 20,000 mating cycles
- 2.54 mm (0.100”) pitch
- Communications devices: mobile and handheld devices, PCB connections
- Consumer devices: home entertainment, wireless devices, IoT
- Instrumentation: panels, control units, environmental monitoring, process control equipment
- Docking stations
- Quick connects
- Blind mating
- Board-to-board connections
- Cable connectors